Hamburfer steaks recipe
I am very please with this recipe..I always wonder why my homemade burger nerver tasted like the shop bought ones. I thought the secret ingredients lie in the nasty stuff that they put in it, but it is musch simpler than that, onion soup mix and ketchup!!! Someone mentioned on TNN that she put some ketchup in her hamburger mix, and I thoght..what?? will it work..until I try this recipe from my Edmond's book. TRy it, if like me, you like the typical stall like hamburger, you'll love this

500g lean beef mince -I sometimes used the higher fat version
32g packet onion soup mix (I use packet mix -any brand)
1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs (can use more if you want to strecth your mince further)
1/4 cup tomato sauce/ketchup
black pepper and salt to taste
1 egg lightly beaten

Mix all the above till combine, shape into patties, either shallow fry or brush with oil and grill

This recipe serves 6, but I usually only use approx 300-400g mince, enough for 4 of us, my kids are still small, so I only make small patties for them :)

Bookmark and Share



This entry was posted on 3:01 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: