Still in a quest to find cookie recipe that produces chewy cookie the way my husband likes, tried this today, still waiting for the oven to warm up, no review as yet, kalau sedap next time can experiment with different flavour combo


100g/4oz butter, softened
100g/4oz muscavado sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup
150g/6oz self raising flour
choc chips (or 3 tubes smarties)

1. Preheat oven to 180c/ Gas4.
2. Beat butter and sugar together until nice and creamy, then mix in syrup.
3. Mix in half the flour then add choc chips and rest of the flour and work the dough together with your fingers.
4. Divide into 14 balls and place them well apart on baking sheets. Do not flatten them.
5. Bake for 12 mins until golden at the edges. Cool on a wire rack.

Bookmark and Share



This entry was posted on 5:16 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Emma said...

    I made two lots of these today.

    First ones I used mini eggs but made the mistake or letting them brown a lot as I thought they were too soft (didn't realise they would harden up out of the oven) so they were nice until they turned to bricks! :p

    Second lot I used sultanas and cut up glace cherries, timed it and took them out when they had very lightly browned. They are AMAZING, best cookies I have evr made and so nice and chewy!

    Thanks a lot for this recipe, it is in my file now and will be the only one I use in future! xx

  1. ... on May 15, 2011 at 7:57 AM