I made this for the kids and gave a piece to DH and I asked hime what did he think. He said, "nice, like KFC's wedges" so yay to this recipe. I told him it is meant to be a copy cat for KFC's wedges

Original recipe:

Ingredients:
3 small potatoes
1/2 tablespoon Msg
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon Cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
1/2 tablespoon Oregano flakes
2 Chicken bouillon cubes, crushed
1 large egg
2 tablespoons Milk


Directions:

Combine all dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Mix well in separate bowl mix milk and egg. heat oil to 400 degrees, dip potato wedges in milk/egg mixture and coat well, then place potato wedges in dry ingredient mix and coat well. fry until golden brown


My version:

I don't have MSG and I wanted to used up Cajun seasoning powder that DH bought yonks ago..you see, my New Year resolution is to declutter my pantry and used up the ingredients that have been sitting in the cupboards for quite some time, making my pantry looks messy

1 cup of flour
1/4 packet of cajun seasoning
1 chicken cube-crumbled
1 packet of french onion instant cup a soup powder
salt

Bookmark and Share



This entry was posted on 10:33 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: