I was tidying up our messy drawer yesterday and found this recipe on a piece of scrap paper, must be from the last time I made this recipe during Eid. I got this recipe from CARI. If I remember it correctly, the poster said she got this recipe from Majalah RASA. What I like about the recipe is the corflakes turns out crunchy. Must use good quality cornflakes like Kellogs though. One thing I found, the batch of cookies that I made using butter bought in New Zealand is more buttery, too buttery in fact.I made the cookies when we were living in Dublin, and they were fine. So I must try and use 50/50, margarine and butter and see if I can tone down the buttery taste a bit.


180g flour
150g butter
80g icing sugar
50g cornflour
1 egg yolk
80g cornflakes -broken into small pieces -I use my pestle & mortar to do the job
1/2t baking powder

Cream butter and sugar
Add egg yolk, continue to beat the mixture
Add cornflour
Then add the flour, small amount at a time

I shaped the dough mixture into tiny balls and put them in paper cups, but you can do it anyway you like

Baked in preheated oven.

I can't remember how hot the oven should be, but the same as baking other raya goodies :)







Bookmark and Share



This entry was posted on 6:33 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: